Podcast – A Must-Know Travel Hack: How to Drive Around the World for $50 a Day
This week I talked to Phil Flanagan, world traveler and overland expert. Phil sourced and converted a European van to travel the world for less than $18,000 USD. He then proceeded to drive across Europe, Asia, North America, then South America for the ensuing 5-6 years.
In this episode Phil teaches you how to do it too, where to find a car, and his minimalistic approach to maximum travel experience. Phil and partner Angie were able to to travel this way for $50 a day, including food for both of them, maintenance, gas, and everything else.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How to build your own overland vehicle for only $18,000 USD
- Learn what vans make the best choices
- What to consider before you buy your overland vehicle
- How to avoid the “extortion highway” in Honduras
- The incredible rewards just waiting for you on the road
And much more.
Listen to the show
You can listen to the show using the player above or grab it and listen on the go via one of the following options:
- Click here to download the mp3
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
- Click here for the show archive
The Show Notes
Phil Flanagan has his own travel site that you can see here