Top 83 Ecuador Websites for Expats and Investors
Did you know there are dozens and dozens of great resources on Ecuador for expats and investors? We gave you an extensive list on Costa Rica and Panama so let’s do that again with Ecuador!
Sure we have a ton of resources for Ecuador here on our site, and a whole bunch of Ecuador property for sale, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t other really good ones out there!
Check out our list of the top Ecuador websites!
Blogs About the Ecuador Lifestyle
Most of these Ecuador blogs are written by expats. From them, you’ll get a great perspective about life in Ecuador.
You’ll notice you get a bit of a different viewpoint from each blogger, which is great.
Use them to find out if Ecuador is the right fit for you!
- South of Zero – This blog is all about making the move to Ecuador, what you need to know, and a few things you had no idea you needed to know.
- Day in Quito – All about expat life in Quito.
- Pro Ecuador – An insider’s guide to moving to Ecuador.
- Living and Retiring in Ecuador – In June of 2010 these bloggers sold off everything and moved to Cuenca, Ecuador with only four suitcases.
- Baños Ecuador – All about Baños in one spot!
- Life in Ecuador – Tips for having a long-term or short term-life in Ecuador.
- Cuenca High Life – This is really a must-visit blog for those interested in life in Cuenca, Ecuador.
- Conquistador in Ecuador – How to make your move to Ecuador.
- Ecuador George – Interesting information for those making the move to Cuenca.
- The Ecuador Gringo – Life in Ecuador from the perspective of a dude who’s been traveling for 11 years.
- Nancy and Chuck Retire in Ecuador – They went to visit Ecuador, fell in love with Cuenca, and decided to relocate there.
- Cuenca Perspectives by Jim – Follow Jim and learn why he chose to settle in Cuenca.
- Gerry Goes to Ecuador – A retired orchestra teacher and cellist who wants to move to Ecuador full time.
- EcuaAssist – Moving to Ecuador? What you need to know.
- Destination Ecuador – A family perspective of moving to and living in Ecuador.
- Discover Quito Ecuador – They live in Cuenca, but love Quito and want you to as well.
- Cuenca Residency – All about Cuenca, Ecuador for those considering a move to the Andes.
- Cotacachi Living – Get the native expat perspective on what life is like in the Ecuadorian Andes town of Cotacachi.
- My Quito – A visitor’s guide to Ecuador – travel, tourism, and accommodations.
- Your Escape to Ecuador – Those looking for information on making the transition to life in Ecuador.
- Living in Ecuador – Resources for those wanting to make the move to Ecuador, including real estate offerings.
- Ecuador Explorer – The 411 on all things Ecuador, a great resource for those unfamiliar with Ecuador’s offerings.
- Pro-Ecuador – An insider’s guide to living in Ecuador.
- Ecuador Expat Bloggers – This site keeps track of all Ecuador bloggers who are writing about Ecuador.
Ecuador Real Estate Websites
Yeah, real estate is our main focus at Viva Tropical. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t tons of other great Ecuador real estate companies. Below are some of our top picks.
- Ecuador Estates – Properties in Salinas as well as real estate tours.
- Ecuador Property Shelf – Partnership with Ecuador’s top real estate agents to access Ecuador’s top properties.
- Cuenca Properties – Showcases only properties found in Cuenca’s historic center.
- Cuenca Real Estate – Might be the top, one-stop shop for real estate offers in Cuenca.
- Cuenca’s Best Properties – Offering concierge-style real estate services for those looking to rent, lease, or buy in Cuenca.
- Chantal Realty Ecuador – Featuring properties in Cotacachi, Otavalo, and throughout Ecuador.
- Ecuador Home Sales – Specializes in houses, apartments, condominiums, beachfront property, business opportunities, and development projects.
- Abundant Living Ecuador – Abundant Living Ecuador offers a full service real estate and relocation experience.
- Ecuador Beachfront Property – Provides listings from Crucita and most of the Ecuadorian coastal region.
- Real Estate Ecuador – Ecuador Real Estate.
- Ecuadorian Coastal Properties – The premier real estate company in Manta, Ecuador.
Ecuador Boutique Hotel Sites
You might be surprised to find hotel websites on the list. But the fact is that lots of them are run by expats.
- Cabañas San Isidro – Nestled in the lush subtropical zone of the eastern Andes, Cabañas San Isidro is a well-known cloud forest lodge in Ecuador.
- La Selva Jungle Lodge – Located high on Lake Garzacocha, deep in Ecuador’s Amazon basin, the richest primary forest on earth.
- Urcu Puyujunda Ecological Cabins – Located in Quito, Ecuador, aims to conserve the cloud forest and help the community strive for a better condition of life as its guest enjoy a more authentic experience.
- Mansion del Rio – A lovely boutique hotel in a former colonial residence a short distance from the main square in Guayaquil.
- Mansion Alcazar Boutique Hotel – Sleep in a colonial mansion and UNESCO world heritage hotel in Cuenca.
- Hotel Casa del Aguila – A new, boutique hotel in a beautifully restored center courtyard of a colonial house built in 1802.
- Casa de Campo Tababela Hotel – Boutique hotel located in Tababela, Ecuador. Known for its vast green spaces and natural setting.
- Grand Victoria Boutique Hotel – Loja’s grandest, 5-star boutique hotel.
- Casa Grande Oceanfront Boutique Hotel – This private home converted into a “boutique hotel” is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Located in Bahía de Caráquez.
- La Casona de la Ronda Heritage Boutique Hotel – Located in the heart of the historic center of Quito. Known as an oasis of tranquility in the heart of a bustling city.
- Anahi Boutique Hotel – A modern hotel with a friendly atmosphere in Quito.
- Hotel Boutique Carvallo – This old mansion has a homey, welcoming feel with multiple common areas. Located in Cuenca.
- Casa El Edén – Found in the heart of Quito’s historic center, Casa El Edén is set in a magnificently restored colonial style building.
- Canoa Beach Hotel – Your place in Canoa where you can take surf lessons, go paragliding, and more.
- Sacha Lodge – Discover the Amazon with a trip to Sacha, Ecuador’s top ecolodge.
- Hosteria La Barquita – An arm’s lengths from Ecuador’s famous “Ruta del Sol” and Machalilla National Parks.
- La Posada del Quinde Hotel in Otavalo – The top-rated hotel in Otavalo according to TripAdvisor. Known for its warm and cozy ambiance.
- Ecuador Boutique Hotels – A complete list of Ecuador’ most unique lodging at small and private hotels, haciendas, and lodges.
And many have valuable information on their websites and blogs. Check them out! Nobody wants to stay in a chain hotel when scouting the tropics.
Ecuador News Sites
You’ve got to know what is happening in Ecuador. Here are some of the top sites. These are English-only.
- Ecuador News – Stay up-to-date on all things happening in Ecuador.
- Ecuador Times – The latest information about what is happening in Ecuador and its surrounding areas.
- Cuenca HighLife News – Claims to be the largest English website covering all news in Cuenca, Ecuador.
- Today in Ecuador – Ecuador’s news in English by Ecuador’s largest newspaper, Diario Hoy.
- Ecuador Coastal Newsletter – Quick news about Ecuador.
Ecuador Tourism Sites
Looking for reputable tourism companies? Here’s lots of good info for would-be expats and investors.
- Adventure Life Galapagos Eco-Tours – Offers Galapagos tours on yachts or land-based multi-sport adventures.
- Galapagos Adventure – Pioneers in Galapagos adventure and land-based tours.
- Galapagos Destiny – Programs that typically range from 5 to 10 days and feature top-rated hotels located on the Santa Cruz, San Cristobal, Isabela, and Floreana islands.
- Adventure Life Ecuador Tours – Cultural Ecuador tours offer an authentic guided experience.
- Latin Trails – See, listen, smell, touch, and taste Ecuador. Soft adventures and off-the-beaten-path travel.
- Enchanted Expeditions – Specialists in Galapagos Islands cruises and mainland Ecuador vacations.
- Ecuador Tours by Ecuador Adventure – Operating since 1991 they take travelers to the mountains, rivers, and more.
- Andean Discovery – Customized Ecuadorian tours and travel to the Galapagos Islands.
- Bertini Tours – A wide selection of tours to the Galapagos Islands and mainland Ecuador. Specializes in mini tours.
- Columbus Ecuador Tours – One of the highest rated tour operators in Ecuador.
- Scuba Iguana – Offers scuba diving cruises, courses, and expeditions in the Galapagos Islands.
- Imagine Ecuador – Offers eco-tours to off-the-trail spots in Ecuador.
- TerraDiversa – Here you will find all the “Must-Do Tours” of Ecuador.
Ecuador General Info Sites
Go to these top picks first.
- Ecuador Articles and Research by Viva Tropical – We’ve written dozens of articles and guides about investing and living in Ecuador. So of course we are going to add them to our list. Give them a look. We are certain there isn’t much about Ecuador that you won’t find on those pages.
- Get Quito Ecuador – The complete source for all things about, in, and around Quito, Ecuador.
- All You Need Is Ecuador – Ecuador’s official travel and tourism site.
- Ecuador Travel blog – Ecuador’s official travel blog. In both Spanish and English.
- Ecuador.com – Great resource on Ecuador and activities available.
- Quito.com – Essential for anyone thinking about visiting or living in Quito.
- Ecuador.US – Great wealth of information on all things Ecuador. Geared more toward travel.
- This Is Ecuador – Billed as the most complete guide to Ecuador.
- Ecuador at Your Service – Ecuador at-a-glance. Geared to those thinking of relocating to Ecuador.
- The Best of Ecuador -An Ecuador travel guide and business directory.
Did we miss your site?
If you have a great site about Ecuador and think it should be on this list, give us a shout, and we’ll review it for you!
7 of the Top Places U.S. Expats Are Living in Latin America (and Why)
Central America's Best Real Estate Buy
The World’s Top 10 Best Places to Put Your Money
Panama City, Panama Real Estate Market Update
Today we have a guest post written by Kent Davis, owner of one of the most successful real estate brokerages in Panama City The Panama City real estate market may have finally taken a turn in …(Read It)
Top 133 Costa Rica Websites for Expats and Investors
Did you know there are dozens and dozens of great resources on Costa Rica for expats and investors? Sure, we have a ton of resources for Costa Rica on our site, and a whole bunch …(Read It)
The Truth about Living in Costa Rica: The Good, the Bad, and the Muddy
It's easy to find tons of articles and information out there highlighting all the great benefits of living in Costa Rica. But it's also easy to read those blogs and marketing pieces and think, "Yeah, it …(Read It)
Why Nosara, Costa Rica Is Not Your Average Surfing Town
A deeper look at Nosara and its history will quickly reveal that this long-time mecca for surfing enthusiasts offers so much more than just the sand and sea. The increasing interest in the area as a …(Read It)
Expats Are Still Falling in Love with Nosara and Here’s Why
What was once the up-and-coming expat haven of Nosara, Costa Rica, has blossomed into one of Costa Rica's most established expat communities that continues to be ranked near the top of the list of most desirable destinations in the Latin …(Read It)
How Nosara Strikes the Perfect Balance of Rustic vs. Connected
When you hear people applaud Nosara for its laid-back rustic vibe, what you may not realize is that despite it's off-the-beaten-path atmosphere, Nosara is also surprisingly well connected. As such, this Costa Rican hotspot continues to be one …(Read It)