Top 99 Panama Websites for Expats and Investors
Did you know there are dozens and dozens of great resources on Panama for expats and investors? We gave you an extensive list on Costa Rica, so let’s do that again with Panama! Don’t forget, we have a ton of resources for Panama on our site, and a whole bunch of Panama property for sale, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t other really good ones out there! Check out our list of the top Panama websites!
Blogs About the Panama Lifestyle
Most of the Panama blogs are by expats. From them, you’ll get a great perspective about life in Panama. If you notice quite a few differences in perspectives in them, that’s because everyone’s experience is different in Panama. And variety is good! Use them to glean whether or not a particular location or experience might be right for you.
- Permanently Panama – Written by 20-something expat Alice Beth, Permanently Panama offers a different perspective on what life in Panama is all about.
- Chiriquí Chatter – Probably the go-to spot for information on life, happenings, and straight talk on living in Chiriqui Province.
- Along the Gringo Trail – Follow recent American expats to Panama who took up a residency in Chame, Panama
- Richard Detrich -If you choose to read long-time Panama resident Richard Detrich’s blog, you’re certain to learn the ins and outs of life in Panama.
- The Panama Blog – All things Panama! From travel and living to even a bit of news and other tidbits of the happenings in Panama.
- The Panama Investor Blog – Looking for an investment blog perspective? Be certain to put The Panama Investor on your list, right after you read all of our great Panama investments tips.
- Playa Community – Playa Community is made up of hundreds of expat residents and business owners. The articles you read on the site are written by real people who live there and do business there.
- The Panama Adventure – Follow the adventures of a retired American couple who decided to retire to David, Panama.
- Panama For Real – Want a first-hand tour of Panama? That is what you will find at Panama For Real, one town at a time.
- A woman, a plan, a canal… Living in Panama! – Emma’s an international music educator, who tells you about how all of those little mundane things you take for granted in your home country change drastically when you move overseas!
- Let the Adventure Begin – “Let The Adventure Begin” is a blog about a couple’s new life living in the highlands of Panama.
- Young Expats in Panama Want to connect with Panama’s younger expats? Start here first.
- Panama Dude – A blog about the lighter side of Panama.
- Panama Gringo Guide – Having traveled the world for 36 years, author and expat blogger Elizabeth Vance hopes to share and connect with people moving to Panama and the Panama expat community through the Panama Gringo Guide.
- The Panama Gringo – Written by a frequent traveler to Panama, follow the site for the latest in rumors, news, and reviews on restaurants, hotels, things to do, and general issues facing a newcomer to Panama.
- My Move to Panama Blog -Learn about Panama through the eyes of a (once single, now engaged) California girl. It’s about restaurants, holidays, fun events, crazy things that happen, doing business in Panama, and other interesting things about living in Panama.
- In da Campo – In search for a place to land away from the snowy winters in Canada, this girl, her guy, and two cats landed in the Azuero Peninsula.
- Boquete Guide – You want to move to Boquete, Panama? Awesome! Be certain to check out one expat’s journal (he calls them his opinions, experiences, and observations) of what life is like in Panama’s most sought-after expat hotspot.
- Bouqete Ning – Not really a blog, although members of this Boquete open community forum do post individual blogs, it’s a place to connect with other expats living in Boquete and the surrounding Chiriquí Province.
- Ambler – Specializes in sharing Panama travel perspectives, sustainable development of incredible destinations, and ecotourism efforts.
- Our Third Life-Pedasi, Panama – A good resource for those interested in life in Pedasi.
- One More Good Adventure – A well-rounded blog about whatever is on the author’s mind and the experience of growing old in someone else’s country.
- Villa de la Torre – A great blog about building a Spanish Colonial Revival house in Panama.
- Postcards from Panama – The blog of a retired couple relocating from Canada to Panama.
- Sweltering in the Tropics – Tales about family life in Panama City.
- Kate In Panama – The Author bills herself as a somewhat naive Southern Girl trying to establish a life in Panama City.
- My Panama Video Blog – Written by the co-founder and co-owner of The Lost and Found, an eco-resort and adventure tour company, following along means learning what it’s like to live in the remote areas of Panama.
- Panama Daze – A musing on day-to-day life in Panama.
- Living in Panama – Living information, real estate and living advice about Puerto Armuellas, Panama.
- ExpatFreedom – Learn how to make the jump to expat life in Panama.
- Randy Hilarski.com – This US Veteran gives you his spin on expat life in Panama. Along for the ride is his view on Bitcoin, social media, precious metals investing and expat living.
- Future Expats – (Specifically Panama) Future Expats Forum focuses on those ideas/concerns close to the expat; supporting yourself on a portable career and gearing up for the move.
Panama Real Estate Websites
Yeah, real estate is our main focus at Viva Tropical. We have a ton of Panama real estate for sale in Panama here. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t tons of other great Panama real estate companies.
- Panama Realtor – With 10 years of offering real estate listings in the Republic of Panama, they represent properties throughout the nine provinces of the republic.
- Panama Equity – Featured in multiple publications, Panama Equity is located in Panama City.
- Veraguas Realty – From Chame to Bocas del Toro, Veraguas Realty has hundreds of listings to browse.
- Boquete Highlands Real Estate – Contact them for small farms and unique home sites in Boquete.
- Banner Real Estate – Offering listings throughout Panama.
- Inside Panama Real Estate – Ideally located within Panama’s most coveted communities, their turnkey properties are an option for your next adventure in life.
- El Valle Real Estate – Specializing in El Valle, this group offers more than just typical real estate listings, they also offer property management and maintenance along with real estate listings nationwide.
- Arco Properties – Arco Properties focuses exclusively on Casco Viejo, Panama City.
- Buena Vista Real Estate – Since 1998 Buena Vista Real Estate has offered its services for those looking to move to the Caribbean side of Panama.
- Paradise Found Real Estate – Find the perfect spot in Bocas del Toro or all of Panama. These guys will work with you to help find your dream spot.
- Bocas del Toro Realty Services, Inc. – There is simply no other place in the world that offers the natural beauty and investment opportunity that this area of Panama provides, says Bocas del Toro Realty Services. Give them a look.
- Casa Solution – More than just great real estate listings, check them out for news, information, and the low-down on life in Panama.
- CBRE Panama – A worldwide company, with over 438 offices in more than 57 countries, they offer great resources to help clients in the investment process.
- CPanama Real Estate Corp. – Offers a comprehensive list of tools that help clients in their Panama real estate investments.
- The Panama Perspective – The Panama Advisory International Group is a duly licensed real estate company in the nation of Panama, conducting investment real estate and general brokerage business.
- Boquete for Sale – Properties for rent and sale in Boquete, Panama.
- United Country Panama – They offer homes for sale in Panama’s mountains, on its oceanfront, and throughout the nation.
- Remax Beaches and City – Thinking about a well-known real estate name? Then check out Remax Beaches and City, offering properties nationwide.
- Panama Advisory International Group – Billed as a commercial advisory group aimed to select clients requiring real estate services including acquisition and disposition, real estate and business development in Panama.
- TryPanama – Services provided for Real Estate, Relocation, and Rentals, with a focus on Panama’s beach areas.
Panama Boutique Hotel Sites
You might be surprised to find hotel websites on the list. But the fact is that lots of them are run by expats. And many have valuable information on their websites and blogs. Plus, who wants to stay in a chain hotel when scouting the tropics?!
- Punta Caracol Acqua Lodge – Sleep out over the ocean in Bocas del Toro; featuring exclusive over-the-water cabins where you will have access to crystal clear waters from your private terrace.
- Bocas del Mar – A 2014 Top Small Hotel in Panama according to TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards, Bocas del Mar is a situated on a privileged coastal location of the mainland of Boca Chica, Chiriquí Province.
- Boquete Garden Inn – Enjoy a limited number of cabañas within some of Boquete, Panama’s most beautiful gardens.
- La Casa del Risco – Six luxurious rooms nestled within view of Panama’s largest volcano.
- Hostal Café Limón Hotel – This cozy 4-bedroom hotel and café is situated in the small town of Limón de Pedasí, Panamá, and near to many of the surfing beaches on the Azuero Peninsula.
- Casa Cauyo – An off-the-grid boutique Eco Adventure Resort nestled in the remote jungle of the Bocas Del Toro.
- Coco Plum – About an hour’s drive from Panama City and a five minute drive from Portobelo lies the quirky eco-resort, Coco Plum.
- El Nido del Postre – El Nido del Postre is a beach hotel situated in Isla Grande, on the Caribbean Coast of Panama.
- Finca Lerida – Spend the night in a working coffee plantation nestled next to Volcan Baru.
- Panamamonte – With nearly a century of experience under their belt, enjoy a respite in one of Boquete’s most sought-after hotels.
- Hotel Laguna A unique German style hotel, the best one in the main street of the Colon Island.
- Hostal Villa Marita – Villa Marita is located in Boquete, where it is surrounded by coffee farms, walking trails, flowers, and exotic birds.
- Los Quetzales Lodge & Spa – At 7260 feet above sea level, Los Quetzales is the highest lodging facility in Panama and lies inside the primary cloud forest of Volcan Baru National Park.
- Cielito Sur B&B Inn – Country hospitality in the mountain town of Nueva Suiza.
- Al Natural Resort – Located on the secluded beach of Punta Vieja on the southeast tip of Bastimentos Island, Bocas del Toro.
- Canopy Tower – Panama’s top spot for birding and ecotourism since 1999.
- El Otro Lado – El Otro Lado is a private retreat situated in the area of Portobelo Bay.
- DeVille Hotel – DeVille Panama City Boutique Hotel is situated in the heart of Panama City’s banking district.
- Casa Sucre – Located in the historic Casco Viejo district, this is a renovated 1873 five bedroom, three apartment guest house for those wanting to visit Panama’s most historic city.
Panama News Sites
You’ve got to know what is happening in Panama. Here are some of the top sites. These are English-only.
- The Panama Report – English-only Panama travel and investment news.
- The Bocas Breeze – All the must-know news happenings in Bocas del Toro.
- Playa Community News – A well-established news source for those living in Coronado and the surrounding communities.
- The Panama News – One of the longest running English-only news sources for Panama.
- Newsroom Panama – Compact and concise daily reports on happenings in Panama.
- The Panama Digest – Check here for “Unfiltered Panama News,” along with lifestyle, tourism, environment, crime, and development topics.
- The Visitor – Probably the most sought-after news source for visitors and recent arrivals in Panama.
- Panama Pulse – This is a sort of jack-of-all trades site, which offers a comprehensive list of news and blogs in Panama.
Panama Tourism Sites
Tourism companies? Yep, lots of good info for would-be expats and investors.
- Explora Ya – Great tours and service for getting out there and seeing Boquete & Chiriqui.
- Panama Travel Consultants – Panama Travel Consultants specializes in providing private customized vacation packages to Panama and Latin America.
- Vive Boquete – All you need to plan a trip or exploration tour of Panama’s top destination.
- Barefoot Panama – Get face-to-face with incredible culture, awe-inspiring wildlife, and unforgettable adventures with this adventure and eco-tour company.
- Habla Ya – This language school offers amazing eco-tour packages and adventures in Panama’s interior.
- Boquete Outdoor Adventures – Planning an eco-vacation? Start here.
- Sendero Panama is an ecologically and socially responsible team of tourism and hospitality professionals
- Pedasi Sports Club – Thinking a fishing and dive trip? Check out Pedasi Sports Club and see why Panama is ranked among the top destinations for both.
- Panama Tourism & Travel – Sort of a 411 on all things touristy in Panama. It’s definitely worth a visit.
- Panama-Tourism – Official tourism and commercial directory of Panama.
- Panama Travel Corp – A one-stop shopping place for all things related to packaged tours of Panama.
- Panama Visitors Guide – Panama Visitors Guide will help you to find information on the Republic of Panama, on the Panama Canal, tours and day trips, Panama hotels and hostels.
- Virtual Panama – A great list of Panama’s tourist attractions.
- Boquete-Chiriqui Panama – A small, but thorough, look at tourism in Boquete.
- Casco Antiguo Spanish School – Known as the highest rated spanish school in Panama City and with students from all over the world.
- VIP Panama Tours – They are the first choice for Transport and Tour Groups in Panama.
Panama General Info Sites
Go to these top picks first.
Panama Articles and Research by Viva Tropical– We’ve written dozens of articles and guides about investing and living in Panama. So of course we are going to add them to our list. Give them a look. We are certain there isn’t much about Panama that you won’t find on those pages.
- Panama Info – Panama’s #1 travel guide (and a bit of news too).
- Panama Relocation Tours – Specializing in 6-day all inclusive tours of Panama for those who are considering relocating to Panama.
- Expat Freedom – Dedicated to showing you first-hand what it’s like to live overseas, especially Panama.
- Visit Panama – Ministry of Tourism of Panama’s official website.
- Ciudad de Saber – Learn more about Panama’s push to be known as a City of Knowledge.
- Autoridad de Turismo de Panama – Although in Spanish, this is an excellent tourism site from the Republic of Panama’s official tourism agency.
- Bocas Del Toro – Official tourism page for Bocas del Toro.
- Boquete-Chiriquí – Chiriquí Province official tourism page.
- Panama Tours – Billed as Panama’s virtual tourism portal. Lots of great info here for first-time visitors to Panama.
- Boquete Travel – Dedicated to all things Boquete. Very easy to navigate.
Did we miss your site?
If you have a great site about Panama and think it should be on this list, give us a shout, and we’ll review it for you!